Please Remove Group Size Limits

183 replies to this topic

#1 Cosran Lombardi

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:31 AM

Not sure how many other groups have the same Issue about this but I am sure our group is not the only one. So many Times do we have 5-11 people come on to play together and we just can't. Trying to launch at the same time in 2-3 groups never works, or when it does we end up on opposing teams. Are there any plans on allowing groups between 4 and 12 players to launch together in the future?

#2 OneEyed Jack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:38 AM

They've already announced that they will be allowing it, but it will come with the weight limits.

#3 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:30 AM

Hi, I want to make a group of 6-9 people and queue in the pug queue so me and my friends can roflstomp the other team. Also I don't want to sync drop against my friends either.

Edited by Ngamok, 18 October 2013 - 06:30 AM.

#4 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:44 AM

View PostNgamok, on 18 October 2013 - 06:30 AM, said:

Hi, I want to make a group of 6-9 people and queue in the pug queue so me and my friends can roflstomp the other team. Also I don't want to sync drop against my friends either.

Sounds fair. Its supposed to be a team game. :)

#5 Funkadelic Mayhem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,811 posts
  • LocationOrokin Void

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:45 AM

owned!

#6 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:47 AM

Yup, find a team or be cannon fodder. It's a team game.

#7 Screech

• Knight Errant
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:53 AM

Just match by group size first it really isn't hard.

#8 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:01 AM

They should remove group size limits but groups should always have to play against other groups. Premade vs PUG is never going to be balanced.

#9 Kunae

• 4,303 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:10 AM

View PostKhobai, on 18 October 2013 - 07:01 AM, said:

They should remove group size limits but groups should always have to play against other groups. Premade vs PUG is never going to be balanced.

Pretty much every match has premades on both sides, with the holes filled in with solos. That wouldn't change.

The 4-person limit has always been stupid, since the moment they suggested it, and it continues to damage this game to this day.

#10 Rizzwind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 536 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:11 AM

Then pugs should find a group issue handled. Or wait till the game is a game and a lot of that will be fixed. Right now it's just CoD death match.

#11 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:15 AM

With in one week of them implementing the 4 player groups, our nightly TS population went from >100 to <50.

You want to blame 3PV, Ghost heat, ECM or (insert FOTM here)..

It was pandering to the Lone Wolves that damaged the population of this game.

#12 Kunae

• 4,303 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:19 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 18 October 2013 - 07:15 AM, said:

With in one week of them implementing the 4 player groups, our nightly TS population went from >100 to <50.

I wouldn't call them "lone wolves", as that implies something useful. They should be referred to as anti-social bads, who should stick to single-player games where they can use their cheat-codes.

#13 MadKobold

• PipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:36 AM

Group size limit prevents 1 lance from grossly imbalance a match. As much as it sucks when a 5th friend log on and someone has to sit out, I don't have a problem at all with a 3 or 4 mech lance limit for pugs.

Edited by MadKobold, 18 October 2013 - 07:39 AM.

#14 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:40 AM

Step 1:
Separate queue for groups and pugs.

Step 2:
Remove group size limitation and match player limitations (so an 11 person group goes against another 11 person group).

Step 3:
Mind blown... too much logical thought to handle.

Would it be perfect? Of course not. This way of doing things has about as many holes as emmental cheese. The current system, however, has more holes than a target in a weapon testing facility. So the improvement is not hard to be done.

P.S. Before anyone goes in and says that there wouldn't be enough people to fight with number of players from 5 to 11, then there's no reason to ever do a thing about their issues, since there are only 56 of them at any given time.

#15 Kunae

• 4,303 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:44 AM

View PostAdridos, on 18 October 2013 - 07:40 AM, said:

Step 1:

Step 2:
Remove group size limitation and match player limitations (so an 11 person group goes against another 11 person group).

Step 3:

Would it be perfect? Of course not. This way of doing things has about as many holes as emmental cheese. The current system, however, has more holes than a target in a weapon testing facility. So the improvement is not hard to be done.

P.S. Before anyone goes in and says that there wouldn't be enough people to fight with number of players from 5 to 11, then there's no reason to ever do a thing about their issues, since there are only 56 of them at any given time.

Pugs and groups are not distinct entities. Most groups are pugs.

If you're talking solos, then no, that's a stupid idea.

#16 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:45 AM

View PostAdridos, on 18 October 2013 - 07:40 AM, said:

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

Except for the part where the DEVs said PUGs would fill in the team gaps so it would be 2 11 man teams and a PUG on both sides.

#17 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:56 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 18 October 2013 - 07:15 AM, said:

View PostKunae, on 18 October 2013 - 07:19 AM, said:

I wouldn't call them "lone wolves", as that implies something useful. They should be referred to as anti-social bads, who should stick to single-player games where they can use their cheat-codes.

This is one of the problems. Most people don't even realize that "groups" are just PUGs using teamspeak.

#18 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:57 AM

View PostKunae, on 18 October 2013 - 07:44 AM, said:

If you're talking solos, then no, that's a stupid idea.

Why? Because you can't handle fighting decent opposition or playing the game the way it was supposed to be played?

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 18 October 2013 - 07:45 AM, said:

Except for the part where the DEVs said PUGs would fill in the team gaps so it would be 2 11 man teams and a PUG on both sides.

And why? That pug is useless to them and he isn't going to enjoy getting torn to shreds in a fraction of a second, either. Lose-lose for both sides. Drop him altogether and voilá. He gets to fight on even terms and groups odn't have to put up with a useless baggage that may ruin their plan for them.

View PostSandpit, on 18 October 2013 - 07:56 AM, said:

This is one of the problems. Most people don't even realize that "groups" are just PUGs using teamspeak.

I.E. Pugs with a clear advantage over their opposition. The other side should get aimbots, wallhacks or something of that kind to make the fight fair. And their mechs should have some -X% penalties, since they can form meaningful lance compositions, while the normal pugs are stuck with an RNG deciding whether the team has a chance of working together or not.

Edited by Adridos, 18 October 2013 - 07:59 AM.

#19 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:02 AM

View PostAdridos, on 18 October 2013 - 07:57 AM, said:

Why? Because you can't handle fighting decent opposition or playing the game the way it was supposed to be played?

And why? That pug is useless to them and he isn't going to enjoy getting torn to shreds in a fraction of a second, either. Lose-lose for both sides. Drop him altogether and voilá. He gets to fight on even terms and groups odn't have to put up with a useless baggage that may ruin their plan for them.

I.E. Pugs with a clear advantage over their opposition. The other side should get aimbots, wallhacks or something of that kind to make the fight fair. And their mechs should have some -X% penalties, since they can form meaningful lance compositions, while the normal pugs are stuck with an RNG deciding whether the team has a chance of working together or not.

He is that New Boot in the unit that the Command has assigned. Learn fast or tag along with someone that knows which end of the weapon is dangerous. If you wanna play a futuristic combat game you sometimes gotta think like a soldier! :)

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 18 October 2013 - 08:03 AM.

#20 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:02 AM

View PostAdridos, on 18 October 2013 - 07:57 AM, said:

I.E. Pugs with a clear advantage over their opposition. The other side should get aimbots, wallhacks or something of that kind to make the fight fair.

HYPERBOLE ALERT

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users